Birth Date: February 19, 2004
Birthplace: Marbella, Spain
Full Name: Millie Bobby Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Height: 4′ 10″ (1.47 m) – as of 10/31/2016
Astrological Sign: Pisces
Occupation: Actress (and maybe in the future an aspiring singer)
1. Born in Marbella, Spain to British parents, she is one of three children (with a brother and an older sister).
2. A natural mimic, she learnt her impeccable American accent at a young age by watching movies on the Disney Channel.
3. The family moved to Orlando, Florida, in 2011, where Millie enrolled in acting classes to give her something to do on Saturdays.
4. After being spotted by a Hollywood talent scout who was impressed by her innate abilities, the whole family relocated to Los Angeles.
5. When they arrived, she was offered representation by nearly every agent who met with her.
6. After only three months in Hollywood she was given the role of young Alice in ABC’s Once Upon A Time In Wonderland.
7. Her first big break was the role of disturbed runaway Madison O’Donnell in BBC America’s Intruders, a very challenging introduction to acting.
8. She secured her part in Intruders before the casting directors had even met her, because they were so impressed by the audition tape she sent them.
9. Millie has also had guest appearances on NCIS, Modern Family and Grey’s Anatomy.
10. She invitation to audition for Stranger Things came as a bit of a surprise since Millie was living back in England with her family at that point.
11. She had to audition for stranger things using ‘dummy sides’ – fake scenes used to test an actor’s ability without giving away the plot – and knew very little about her character until she got the part.
12. The Duffer Brothers, who created the show, also failed to mention that she would have to shave her head until the final audition, a revelation that greatly upset her mother. Speaking to SciFiNow, Millie said: “I was like ‘Mum, let’s just cut it off, it grows back, it’s not permanent and I need to show how much I’m involved with this character and how much I’m involved with the show.’ I wanted the best for the show and if that’s what I had to do, then that’s what I had to do!”
13. To prepare for the show (which is set in the 80s and has a strong retro vibe) she was asked to watch 80s films including Poltergeist, Stand By Me and The Goonies. A massive fan of 80s culture, she has said she would like to have lived then.
14. The most important reference she was given was ET, since the Duffer brothers saw a lot of parallels between the naivety and isolation of Eleven and the much-loved alien.
15. One of the most challenging things about the part was the lack of dialogue. Compared to her role in Intruders, Eleven says virtually nothing and so Millie was forced to convey most of her emotions just through her actions and expressions.
16. Despite her new found fame the young actor remains grounded, and on Sundays she and her whole family go for a roast dinner before they all come home and watch a film together.
17. She is homeschooled (which she says is sometimes lonely) since her family moved a lot while she was a child and she now has to fit homework around her acting work.
18. Millie is a devoted boxing fan, going to the gym most days. “I do Thai boxing Mondays, jujitsu Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Wednesdays I do boxing with Mark,” she told Vulture. “He was a world champion at one point. I absolutely love it. I actually have a punching bag right outside in my garden. I’m obsessed with working out. I eat like a pig so it kind of makes up for that.”
19. In the same interview with Vulture, she revealed what she is afraid of: “Sharks freak me out. I love whales, and I’m very intrigued by whales. “I write many essays on whales. I love whales, especially orcas. And dolphins. I just don’t like sharks. They freak me out.”
20. She loves to sing and is a fan of Adele and Amy Winehouse, although her favourite artist is Ed Sheeran.
21. Auditioned unsuccessfully for a part of Melissa McCarthy as a young girl in The Boss (2016).
22. Kourtney is her favorite Kardashian.